A fun game for readers.Here is a list of 10 lines picked from books you would have definitely read.Let’s see how many of you can identify the book.
1) I was looking for the key for years but the door was always open.
2) To a person sitting in the office or a living room,a picture of winter mountain sunset is just a picture.To me,it was the experience of taking the picture.
3) It is our choices that show what we truly are,far more than our abilities.
4) Wandering around our America has changed me more than I thought.I am not me any more.At least i am not the same me I was.
5) May you not rest,as long as i am living .You said i killed you-haunt me then.
6) Nothing in any life,no matter how well or poorly lived, is wiser than failure or clearer than sorrow.And in the tiny precious wisdom they give to us ,even those dreaded and hated enemies,have their reason and right to be.
7)Man’s greatest virtues are to be found in what is called the gutter;the underworld;and what gangsters do is sometimes the same as what heroes do.
8)What is good,Phaderus and what is not good-need we ask anyone to tell us these things.
9)I was surprised,as always,by how easy the act of leaving was,and how good it felt.The world was suddenly rich with possibility.
10)We can never lose the things we live for.We may have to change their forms at times,if we have made an error,but the purpose remains the same and the forms are our’s to make.”
11)Boys ,Laila came to see treated friendship the way they treated the sun:it’s existence undisputed;its radiance best enjoyed ,not beheld directly.
Would love to know the books you were able to identify.