It is no secret that exercise has its own benefits like : boosts mental strength, keeps anxiety at bay, keeps your heart healthy, manages weight, lowers diabetes risk, normalises blood pressure, increases stamina, boosts your immune system, lowers bad cholesterol etc.
Running is a good and a convenient form of exercise. All you need to do is find a track or a treadmill and start running for 30 minutes. Running can help you in loosing weight and also in maintaining your weight without starving. If you are overweight then you can start with small distance running along with sprints to loose the weight fast. It will take time and try getting it into your regular regimen. The best part of it is that you will soon see the change and start loving it. Along with running you must have a good plan of diet. Since i am a vegetarian so i will put down some dos and don’t s for the same. Try following these and definitely you will soon see a change.
- Have a fruit like banana half an hour before your work out.
- Increase your protein intake.
- Go for raw fruits and vegetables .
- Have sprouts and almonds regularly.
- Relax and don’t overdo.
- Go for liquids like soup and fresh juice without any added sugar.
- Cut on rice and other carbohydrates intake.
- Try having similar kinds of food at a time like only fruits or only carbohydrates , don’t mix as the body gets surprised on which hormone to secrete.
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid junk food
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid busy life
- Avoid ice creams and cold drinks
- Avoid cheese and oily food
- Don’t be lazy
- Don’t over eat.
4 thoughts on “Weight loss and running”
🙂 good one… been off serious running owing to injuries.. will soon be training for the Kaveri Half!
thanks , have been following ur blog. Keep running and do watch out this space for more stuff on running.
Thanks for tips.Cheers!
Just about the right advice one can get!