Will do a monthly feature from this month onward. As of now let me do this for the year that passed. It is important to know that these are from a FB page where i run my blog from.
- ” When he lay in bed he seemed still to see her sitting in the corner of the railway carriage, with the white crochet shawl over her head. He did not know how he was to get through the hours that must pass before his eyes rested on her again. He thought drowsily of her thin face, with its delicate features, and the greenish pallor of her skin. He was not happy with her, but he was unhappy away from her. He wanted to sit by her side and look at her, he wanted to touch her, he wanted… the thought came to him and he did not finish it, suddenly he grew wide awake… he wanted to kiss the thin, pale mouth with its narrow lips. The truth came to him at last. He was in love with her. It was incredible.”
- “There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere.”
- I left in love , laughter , and in truth , and whereever truth , love and laughter abide , i am there in spirit – Bill Hicks
- The Shawshank Redemption ,”There are places in this world that are not made out of stone.That there’s something inside that they can’t get to,that they can’t touch.That’s yours…….hope
- “If those whom we begin to love could know us as we were before meeting them … they could perceive what they have made of us. Albert Camus
- “In school you are taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you are given a test that teaches you a lesson” Malcolm X
- No one loses anyone, because no one owns anyone. That is the true experience of freedom : having the most important thing in the world without owning it. – Paulo Coehlo
- There is always something left to be loved
- “The one important thing I have learned over the years is the difference between taking one’s work seriously and taking one’s self seriously. The first is imperative and the second is disastrous.” – Margot Fonteyn
- ” one cannot always tell what it is that keeps us shut in, confines us , seems to bury us , but still one feels certain barriers , certain gates , certain walls . Is all this imagination, fantasy ? I do not think so . And then one asks: My God! Is it for long , is it forever , is it for eternity ? Do you know what frees one from this captivity ? It is very deep serious affection . Being friends, being brothers , love , that is what opens the prison by supreme power , by some magic force.” – van gogh
- “As much as we need and want love, we don’t spend much time talking about what it means. Think about it. You might say “I love you” everyday, but when’s the last time you had a serious conversation with someone about the meaning of love? In this way, love is the mirror image of shame. We desperately don’t want to experience shame and we’re not willing to talk about it. Yet the only way to resolve shame is to talk about it. Maybe we’re afraid of topics like love and shame. Most of us like safety, certainty and clarity. Shame and love are grounded in vulnerability and tenderness ” – Brene Brown, the Gifts of Imperfection
- If you don’t get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don’t want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can’t hold on to it forever.
– the way of a peaceful warrior
- “For myself I am an optimist – it does not seem to be much use being anything else”- Winston Churchill
- ” ask yourself what is really important and then have the courage and wisdom to build your life around your answer “
- ” And in the end, we were all just humans drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness ” – F Scott Fitzerald
- Travelling tends to magnify all human emotions-Peter Hoeg
- “I woke up as the sun was reddening;and that was the one distinct time in my life, the strangest moment of all,that I didn’t know who i was…I was far away from home haunted and tired with travel, in a cheap hotel room I’d never seen,hearing the hiss of steam outside, and the creak of the old wood of the hotel,and footsteps upstairs and all sad sound too.” – On the road
- You spend your life roaming the hillsides, scouring the four corners of the earth, searching desperately for just one person to fucking get you. And I’m thinking, if you can find that, you’ve found home.
David Arnold, Mosquitoland
- “Be willing to be uncomfortable. Be comfortable being uncomfortable. It may get tough, but it’s a small price to pay for living a dream.” – Peter McWilliams
- For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
- Pierre was right when he said that one must believe in the possibility of happiness in order to be happy, and I now believe in it. Let the dead bury the dead, but while I’m alive, I must live and be happy.-Leo Tolstoy from War and Peace
- There’s no mirror in your way when your laughing and smiling and pure happiness is leaking out of you. You would know exactly how bright and beautiful you are if you saw yourself in the moments where you are truly your authentic self.
- Money is numbers and numbers never end . If it takes money to be happy , your search for happiness will never end – Bob Marley
- “The mountains doesn’t play games . It sits there unmoved ” – Bruge Barcott
- Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
- We always like those who admire us , we don’t always like those whom we admire.
- “Most of us are just about as Happy as we make up our minds to be.” -Abraham Lincon
- Happiness is a mysterious thing , to be found somewhere between too much and too little .
- Why should I cumber myself with regrets that the receiver is not capacious? It never troubles the sun that some of his rays fall wide and vain into ungrateful space, and only a small part on the reflecting planet. Let your greatness educate the crude and cold companion.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- No two persons ever read the same book