We as humans are so flawed, we easily judge others, analyze others and form an opinion.But of what use? Over the years, I have started maintaining a personal journal to keep a tap on myself, my actions, my strengths and weakness to become a better person in the long run. One such initiative is a page dedicated to,”notes to self”, these are a few pointers which i noted down over the year which probably I felt I should note or ponder upon. Listed below are the points in no particular order as such. Between I wish all my readers a very happy new year and hope that in the coming year, you meditate more on yourself.
* Love is an amazing feeling
* Ran my first full marathon, ran the second one again the same year , would love to do more of it and more often
* Some life lessons as kids were the most important in life – Discipline, Responsibility, Punctuality and Integrity.
* Do one international trip each year, it is amazing to experience a new country
*Purpose in life is an evolving process- this year it was to inspire and bring change in people’s life.
* I woke up one day at 3 am , drove for 6 hours , sat at a client’s place and fought with him for 2 hours to increase the daily wage of a laborer amounting to an increase of 600 bucks in the month- when I returned back at home at 10 pm , I was a happy person, the realization that there is great satisfaction in doing something for someone.
* Regularly meditated this year, finally it became a daily ritual- goal achieved, a good habit imbibed.
* Made a realistic list of goals for 2016, achieved or strived to achieve most of those- planning and right execution can work wonders
* Never let anyone impose his/her thoughts on you.
* Start writing on the blog again- last 5 months have been so active
* avoid being impulsive
28 thoughts on “Notes to self- Happy New Year 2017”
This post sounds so positive. Wish you all the best for 2017
Happy New Year!!☺ Optimism in the atmosphere👍
These are some really good notes to self and your readers too. I too agree that if we can sleep peacefully at night, we had a day that was worth all the pain, effort, and sweat. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leading me here.
You have a great blog and you will see me around.
Thanks, you will see me around too.
I wish you all the best for the New Year!
Thanks, same to you
all the best for your goals !
Great new years post! I really love this picture of the sun over the water by the way. I am one to always love sunset photos but this one is extra special.
A good note for everybody to start the year 2017
Agree travelling to different parts of the world is really a very good exercise. Luckily, I could visit 13 countries so far and got the opportunity to work/live in 3 foreign countries. It’s better to have an introspection rather than judge others. The fundamental principle of the “Satsang” @ BAPS is “always look at your own faults and pay no attention to the faults of others”. It’s really very hard to imbibe this virtue because we are in habit of doing exactly opposite to it.
Great t know
Thank you for following my blog. I look forward to reading yours.
Thank you for visiting and following Snowbird of Paradise. Your resolutions are admirable, although I’m not sure about the last one. Being impulsive sometimes provides the most interesting experiences.
I agree, but sometimes you regret too.
Thank you for following my blog!
This excellent post gives me much hope. Most of us seem to think that spiritual growth happens by osmosis, but you know that it takes hard work. Thank you. And thank you for following Spirituality Without Borders. I look forward to meeting you there in the spaces between the words.
Me too, see you around
I’m enjoying your blog and photos! Thank you for the follow!
All the best for 2017
Welcome to that little voice, and thank you for following my blog.
The best advice to all is to allow ourselves time to help others. Thank you for following my site.
Thanks for stopping by and following my journeys. I know I will enjoy checking out your site as well!