We all need to be motivated in life. I feel that when we go to college, school, there is a curriculum at place. Strangely later in life you would realize that we all need a curriculum for life and it has to be designed by us. Much of what happens to us is a function of our decisions. We all are in this journey together and at the same time alone. We require a daily bout of motivation to carry us through our day. I keep small snippets of motivational quotes gathered from reading.
I hope you will like these, do share your favourite one on life.
- “Your life and how you experience it is entirely your making. Only if this absolutely sinks in, will you make the necessary changes”-Sadhguru
- उम्र भर ग़ालिब यही भूल करता रहा, धुल चेहरे पर थी, और आईना साफ़ करता रहा
- “The answer is good things only happen to you if you’re good. Good? Honest is more what I mean… Be anything but a coward, a pretender, an emotional crook, a whore: I’d rather have cancer than a dishonest heart.”-Truman Capote
- “I must say a word about fear. It is life’s only true opponent. Only fear can defeat life. It is a clever, treacherous adversary, how well I know.” Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- I’d rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I’d rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are.
- If you don’t get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don’t want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can’t hold on to it forever.
– the way of a peaceful warrior
- When you look into infinity, you realize that there’re more important things to do than what people do all day. – Bill Watterson
- “If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed.”- Sylvia Plath
- “There is divine beauty in learning… To learn means to accept the postulate that life did not begin at my birth.”-Eli Wiesel
- “Life, with its rules, its obligations, and its freedoms, is like a sonnet: You’re given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself.”― Madeleine L’Engle