Before I begin this post, you may be interested in the list of books I read in 2015. The list goes here. I had managed to read 35 books last year and how things are looking I may reach the same numbers this year too.
I used to review books and had done for a few publishing house and authors but after a time one must stop working for free, so I stopped. Presented below is first 10 in the list with small snippets on the book or anything that the book reminds me of.
As a reader I would love to know
- Have you read any of these ?
- Any book you would recommend
- Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac : I am a big fan of On the road by Jack, so I picked this one. Decent read, you may or may not like it.
- The Road by Jack London: I think Jack London needs no introduction. This book is considered to be a autobiography of his earlier days. Truly amazing, loved it.
- The Great Railway Bazaar by Paul Theroux : Sit on a train and enjoy the ride. If you are a travel enthusiast, this is your book. I think sometime, someday would love to take this route.
- Buddha in blue jeans by Tai Sherdian: Pondering on meditation, a short book like this may get you started.
- The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman: This books needs no introduction, mus must read on World War and horrors of war
- The importance of being Earnest by Oscar Wilde: A funny play by Oscar Wilde, pick it up for a easy, joy read.
- Norwegian Wood byMurakami : The book that made me a fan of Murakami. One specialty of this book was that it was so engrossing that even while returning from business trips I managed to read a major part of it on flights.
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol: What a take on Philosophy
- Selected Short Stories by Jack London: Amazingly different kind of stories that you will get to read.
- Narcissus and Golmumd by Hermann Hesse: Amazing read on two lives, different paths, same goals